Monday, August 24, 2009

Faux blast from the past

For those of you who are familiar with my escapades of law school, you will recognize the following name: Cheeks.

For those of you who don't, lets just say this particular boy lead to an amazingly awkward situation between my roommate 1L year and myself...partially due to the boys behavior and partially due to the extraordinarily thin walls of Fischer Graduate Residence. On the upside, this particular situation did solidify my friendship with Bagel.*

So M and I walk into a bar and sit down to have our import beer (gotta love Charlie Hoopers import night). Its all going fine for the first hour or so; we're chatting and carrying on. And then all the sudden this guy comes up to the table, sets his beer down, and inserts himself into the conversation. At first we found boy (who I shall call Faux Cheeks) slightly amusing, in an "ok, you're a little annoying but we'll laugh at your jokes anyway". I swear, this guy was a dead ringer for Cheeks. So much so that I spent the first 5 minutes of the conversation doing a double take. Not a particularly noteworthy experience except for the following comments/scenarios:

1. Faux cheeks referred to himself as "daddy", while referencing his two dogs. Creepy. Super-creepy.

2. Faux cheeks kept doing what can only be called making his biceps dance. No joke, every couple of minute he would make his biceps twitch. I'm all for working out if you want to, but I had to work REALLY hard not to laugh out loud. I only sort of succeeded. And by sort of, I mean not at all.

3. When Faux cheeks engaged the old (I'm talking post 45 years old) men behind us in a "who can kick higher" contest**

4. He engaged in what I like to call "excessive high-fiving"

5. I kid you not, the song "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" came on and Faux cheeks chugs the rest of his beer, slams it down on the table, and walks out of the bar...to the beat of the song...right at the end. Talk about feeling the need to make a high drama exit.

*And you thought you were in trouble ;)
**Enforcer, even I wasn't that bad.

And thank god, then he went home.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I hadn't read this one in my frenzy of getting ready. Just got to it today, in Frankfurt of all places. So glad I did. It was a good way to pass my time. :)

    ReplyDelete