Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Digs

Per the request of the Enforcer, I finally have picture of the new digs! You will note that I have not put up anything on the walls yet, but I will soon have the apartment decorated up to Bagel and my apartment standards.* Here's the play by play:

What I see when I walk in the front door (fabulous :)


Where I would eat if I was a classy person**


My kitchen, that I actually cook in


You can tell how old this kitchen and the appliances are by the stove controls....totally old school


The bathroom. Yes, that's right. Its pink***


Since the bathroom is so ugly I felt it deserved two pictures


My bedroom, big kid bed and all. And yes, that is a teddy bear on the bed. His name is Tattered Teddy. I'm not ashamed to admit that I still sleep with a stuffed bear :)


By far the weirdest/creepiest part of the apartment...there are 4 full length mirrors. My landlord seems to think this is a selling point and keeps saying "Well, you're a girl, don't you need mirrors?"****

There's also a pretty kick ass view from the apartment (I'm on the tenth floor and one wall is almost entirely windows), but I couldn't get a decent picture through the glass. I'll work on it cause its totally worth it!

The funniest part of the building I live in is that about 50-75% of the building is really old Jewish women and the building is quite possibly the ugliest baby-blue building there every was, which makes telling people where you live really easy cause everyone in KC knows where it is! Yesterday I got on the elevator with an older woman who lives on my floor, and I asked her how she was doing. Her response, "Good, I woke up this morning. When you're my age, that's all you can ask for!" I laughed pretty hard.

Overall I really like the new place and I'm getting use to have a real person schedule.***** So far I have 7 clients of my very own! I keep oscillating between the thoughts "My own clients, cool!" and a panicked "Oh my god, I'm actually in charge of these cases!" My co-workers are also really nice and I think I'm starting to make some friends at work, which is helpful. I'll write more about work when I can think of something witty to say :)

In other news, I'm running a half-marathon on November 22nd in Overland Park, Kansas. A half marathon in Kansas in November could be very interesting as far as weather is concerned. Stay tuned, however I promise this blog will not become about my training, but be prepared for some bitching about having to run farther than 3 miles, which as luck would have it starts tomorrow.

*Bagel, I may need that weird elephant hanging thing to make the place feel like home.

**I promise if any of you come visit (which you should, I'm a good hostess) I will eat with you at the kitchen table.

***I normally like pink, but this is a really strange shade of pink.

****Everyone who's walked in has made the comment that having that many mirrors in your bedroom is a little kinky. I have to say I agree with them, its a little creepy. And on a side note, no scandalous stories to go along with this apartment yet. There's a reason the blogs called "and then he went home" ;)

*****Bagel, I went to bed at 10PM once last week and it was glorious. I think you may have rubbed off on me...

3 comments:

  1. Cute apartment! I am beginning to miss the days of grown up furniture. It looks like Babies'R'Us threw up in my living room :) Maybe some day I will get brave and we will roadtrip to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Lynn--thanks for posting photos. You're all independent woman these days! The excessive mirrors are definitely kinky...:)

    ReplyDelete